How do you choosing the right domestic cleaning company for you? Do you plan to hire just ANY private domestic cleaner in London? Do not risk it!
We live in a busy world and women are under higher pressure than men. They have to work, look after their household and children and above all…CLEAN! It is always essential and easy to call someone for help, especially if you need to rest or simply have the spare time for yourself, for the family or your friends. However men are also under pressure; working hard to keep up the family budget or trying to help their partner by sharing the household duties.
You probably know people who already sought for help in keeping their properties clean and tidy, and are able to enjoy their free hours away from work. You might hear many different suggestions and advises on this question – Is it better having a private cleaner, hire a domestic cleaner through a cleaning agency or… simply clean everything yourself?
Let us exclude the last option because let’s face it…no one likes cleaning after a busy day or spending a whole weekend dusting and vacuuming instead of going out or relaxing the way you like best. The point here is what kind of domestic cleaner would be best for you and your household? And last but not least, your security and budget?
Hiring a private domestic cleaner
Probably you already have a bunch of leaflets and are wondering which telephone number to start with? They all say they are professional, reliable and above all…cheap! Well, you decide to call one of the leaflets and what you receive is a lady who can hardly speak English. You ask her to come for an interview and there she is with her references which you asked for in advance and a kind smile. So, so far so good! However, it is essential to think of additional things like:-
– Where does she live? If she lives too far away she would probably be late most of the time. We all know about the occasional transport problems in London.
– Where does she come from? She might have a passport, but she might not be eligible to work in the UK or might not be Tax registered. This means she could leave for her country at any time and you may never hear from her again!
– How can you trust her references and her reliability? Is it secure to hand her your house keys? And are you sure she will not send her friend to clean on her behalf when she needs to be elsewhere?
– Does she have insurance? What if she breaks something valuable or sets up the house on fire?
– What would you do if you have invited friends for dinner and she texts you, saying that she will not be able to come in as she does not feel well? You will need someone to help you and maybe spend a lot of money on a one-off service!
– Once she decides to leave, you will have to go through the daunting process of finding someone else all over again!
– What if you get too friendly with her and she pays no notice to your remarks about the standard of her cleaning, which was a lot better at the beginning, when you first hired her.
THINK AGAIN! Are you ready to risk all the above and hire private domestic cleaners solely based on one positive factor; saving £1.50 to £2.50 per hour?
Well, having described the pros and cons of having a private domestic cleaner, you will say – But what could an agency do for me better than what you’ve read on leaflets so far? The answer to this question is – A LOT!
Choosing a Domestic cleaning company in London
There are many domestic cleaning agencies in London and saying “A LOT” does not mean that all cleaning agencies answer this criteria. The questions here are how to find the right cleaning company for you? What is the procedure to hire a cleaner? And how much would it cost? “Cleaning Agency” does not mean several domestic cleaners working for the clients of an ex-cleaner.
“Cleaning Agency” means a cleaning company that has been established for several years, which has at least 1500 clients and 250 cleaners.
These domestic cleaning agencies work according to well established procedures of hiring, training domestic cleaners and maintaining high standards of home cleaning services. All professional cleaning companies have one main goal – keeping the clients’ satisfaction at all times and trying to gain higher number of clients, relying on a good house cleaning service, reliability and referrals from existing clients.
Signing up with a London cleaning company is quick and easy. You just need to have the answers for several questions ready:
– What services do you require? Cleaning service, ironing service, dog walking etc.
– How many days per week or every two weeks?
– How many hours per day?
– What days of the week will you require the cleaning service?
A professional cleaning company in London would not only offer cleaning on regular basis, but will also be one call away, should you need professional end-of-tenancy or pre-tenancy cleaning, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, window cleaning, mattress cleaning, spring cleaning or after-builders cleaning.
When you are ready to hire a professional domestic cleaner you should know a few very important house cleaning tips:-
– All existing cleaners are extremely busy and if you prefer having an experienced cleaner you should be more flexible with the cleaning days. However, a cleaner could come for one and the same day and on one and the same time for every cleaning session, otherwise you might be offered a newly trained cleaner.
– All cleaners are carefully vetted, all their paperwork and documentation checked and have been trained before starting work for the agency.
– You have the right to meet the cleaner in advance and show her around your property, explain to her your requirements and expectations.
– You will be the one to provide the cleaning equipment for the cleaning sessions – make sure your vacuum cleaner works properly and you have all required cleaning materials for best results of the cleaning session.
– All cleaners have liability insurance and you can be assured your property is safe.
– You can hand the cleaner keys if you are not able to be at home every time she is due for a cleaning session – she will keep your keys securely.
– If your cleaner is ill, the agency will arrange another cleaner for you and if needed – with your permission – the house keys too. The privacy and security of the client is very important to the agency and any issues will be discussed with the client in advance.
– The cleaning agency works online 7 days per week – the clients can easily communicate with the professional office staff either over the phone or via e-mail. Any additional information on services and booking form are available on their web site.